Top tips for balancing your hormones flowed through the evening with lots of information to digest and assimilate.
So what are the number two top tips to balance your hormones?
1) Practice a ‘stress managing’ method that works for you and practice this daily.
2) Eat a diet that balances your blood sugar.
The 5 points below will start the process to aid blood sugar management:
- Eat breakfast within an hour of rising
- Take 3 small meals and 2 snacks daily with no longer than 3 hour gaps during the day
- Include a good quality protein with each meal & snack (buy organic if you can) such as wild salmon, chicken, eggs, fish, lean meats, cheese, nuts and seeds
- Eat whole-grains and take out refined carbohydrates and especially sugar and sugar containing foods
- Reduce/remove caffeinated drinks and alcohol
Foods that have a low (10 or below) glycaemic load index (GL) raise the blood sugar less when eaten and will provide satiety for longer. A universal table of the GL of common foods can be found at http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/76/1/5/T1.expansion.html.