Soup & Squash
This tasty soup is a rich orange colour from the squash. Squash is rich in beta carotene which converts to vitamin A which we need particularly for the healthy lining of the
Chilli adds a distinctive bite to foods and is a good source of vitamin C as is the coriander which supports all these flavours and is full of phytonutrients that support health.
A wide array of coloured vegetables are needed for the ant-inflammatory and anti- oxidant benefits to support a healthy immune system.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Squash (if small 2)
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 medium red chilli deseeded and roughly chopped
- 900gms stock
- Bunch of coriander – roughly chopped
- 420g can of butter beans drained and rinsed
- ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Cut squash in half, scoop out seeds.
- Cut into small chunks
- Heat oil in a large pan and cook the onions over a low heat until soft – 5-6 mins
- Stir in the chilli and squash and cook for another 2-3 mins – stirring.
- Pour in the stock and simmer for 10-12 mins. – until squash is tender
- Add the butter beans
- Blitz with a blender or similar until smooth.
- Add the Coriander just before serving
- Season and serve