This chocolate banana mousse dessert contains avocados prized for their rich source of healthy oils particularly Omega 9 and vitamin E and both are reputed to support heart health. Raw cacao powder is a great feel good food and rich in anti-oxidants, while the banana provides many good nutrients not least potassium and good levels of fibre.
A healthy uplifting dessert.
Serves 2 (small dishes)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and stoned
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 4 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Coconut flakes and cacao nibs to garnish
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth and creamy
- Spoon into glasses, chill and serve with coconut flakes and cacao nibs to decorate