This delightful fruity salad packs nutrients and flavour:-
Mix and match salads – fruits and leafs go really well together and a little good oil dressing can bring out the flavours and aid nutrient absorption.
Fresh peppers and strawberries have wonderful vit C content as do lemons and limes and these citrus fruits are great for supporting the detoxification pathways, so needed in the 21st century! In the salad dressings these fruits help to preserve the nutrients of salad vegetables, by reducing oxidation.
The watercress and rocket are also great for supporting the liver and detoxification, along with helping bile flow and digestion.
- 1 medium cucumbers
- ½ punnet of strawberries
- Handful of black grapes
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 10 basil leaves, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil or rape seed oil or hemp seed oil
- 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground sea or rock salt
- 2 tbsp sunflower and pumpkin seeds toasted or plain
- Rocket, watercress and spinach leaves
- Chop the cucumber, strawberries, grapes, and red bell pepper into bite sized chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Combine the olive oil, lime juice, and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit/veggie mixture and toss to combine.
- Add the basil strips and seeds and toss a bit more.
- Place the salad onto leaves and serve
To add some good protein, serve with some quinoa and for a quick lunch try the Tilda prepared packs. For a little more protein add some cooked chicken.