This Red Beet recipe has a beautiful rich purple colour and full of anti-oxidants. Red beet is great for promoting detoxification pathways, so a good liver support and it’s rich in nitrates which the body converts to nitric oxide which aids the reduction of blood pressure http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/superfoods/Pages/is-beetroot-a-superfood.aspx. Red beet also has a very good folate and iron content which important for healthy red blood cell formation.
This is a great dip for a party or can be added to wraps or pitta with salad veg. and the cashew nuts give some good protein to balance the meal.
Fresh mint is delicious, very nutrient dense, aids digestion and adds a wonderful flavour to make this a great Summer party food.
- 200gms cooked beetroot (steam beetroot whole without cutting the flesh to retain the nutrients and the beautiful red colour – don’t overcook)
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- 125gms cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Tamari
- 1 tbsp olive oil or flaxseed oil
- Season to taste
Place all ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth and creamy
All the recipes on this site focus on lots of healthy ingredients, however if you require more help with health or are suffering with:
- low energy,
- bowel or digestive health challenges,
- food intolerances or other health challenge