Shiitake Mushroom Soup
Shiitake mushrooms are great for their Beta glucans content which supports the immune system function. They also contain good fibre, protein and vitamin B12 so this Shiitake Mushroom Soup is perfect for a healthy boost.
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 420gm can of butter beans or 420gm cooked butter beans
- 700ml stock made with 1tsp Marigold Bouillon
- 250ml almond milk or Oately milk
- 1 tsp dried thyme or 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Sea sale and black pepper to taste
- 200gm Shiitake mushrooms – roughly chopped
- Place oil in large saucepan on a low heat.
- Add onions and garlic with a little water and steam fry with the lid on the pan.
- Add the mushrooms and the stock and milk, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the thyme, seasoning and butter beans, and cook through for another 2-3 minutes.
- Blitz to a smooth consistency and check seasoning for taste.
- Serve with a little coriander or parsley to decorate
Can be frozen in portion sizes.