A delightful Hummus with the added flavour of Cumin to give an Eastern aromatic value to this delicious dish.
This contains some good protein from the chickpeas and Tahini and there are also good levels of zinc, phytoestrogens, soluble fibre with the spice to aid digestion.
- 200g chickpeas
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or more
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 100ml/3½fl oz tahini (sesame seed paste) optional
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika.
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse. Reserve a few whole chick peas for serving.
- Combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, tahini, and water in a food processor, and blend to a creamy purée.
- Add more lemon juice, garlic, cumin or salt to taste. Turn out into a dinner plate, and make smooth with the back of a spoon. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and scatter with the reserved chickpeas
- Sprinkle with paprika.
Try adding a handful of chopped chives or chopped mint or a tablespoon of Harissa, or a teaspoon of marmite to add variety.
Keep on it he fridge for up to 4 days Can be frozen in individual pots for later use – just stir after thawing
All the recipes on this site focus on lots of healthy ingredients, however if you require more help with health or are suffering with:
- low energy,
- bowel or digestive health challenges,
- food intolerances or other health challenge