Summer dips are a great healthy way to keep your guests happy while you finish preparing the rest of the food.
You can whip this up in 5 minutes with the knowledge that Avocados are great for the oils that support skin health and heart health and add a beautiful richness to any dip. The ingredients are rich in anti-oxidants, good fibre and protein and you can add a wonderful spicy taste by adding the Harissa paste.
A great compliment to any BBQ, party or picnic to get the taste buds going.
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes (you could drain some liquid off for a firmer texture)
- 1 avocado peeled and de-stoned
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tin of butter beans drained and rinsed
- 2 -3 sprigs of parsley and mint
- 1 tsp Tamari
- 2 tsp Harissa paste (optional – for a hot spicy taste)
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- A little olive oil to drizzle
Blitz all the ingredients together – drizzle a little olive oil and serve with oatcakes or sugar snap peas, and veg. crudites.
All the recipes on this site focus on lots of healthy ingredients, however if you require more help with health or are suffering with:
- low energy,
- bowel or digestive health challenges,
- food intolerances or other health challenge