Summer Slaw Recipe is great for Summer parties.
There are some lovely Summer cabbages, delicious courgettes and tasty young carrots available at Farm shops at the moment. Adding some fresh garlic, a handful of raisins and some chopped apple makes this a delightful mix and the light dressing is beautiful for a Summer dish. Cabbage is so good for the detoxification pathways and onion and garlic contain wonderful nutrients, especially to support good ‘gut’ health.
- 1 small cabbage shredded
- 3 new carrots grated
- 1 courgette chopped
- 1 large red onion sliced finely
- 2 cloves of garlic or 1 finely sliced fresh garlic
- 1 generous handful of raisins
- 1 apple cut in cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp milk alternative such as coconut milk, almond milk or Oatley
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar or balsamic
- ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 tbsp xylitol or honey (optional)
Mix all the vegetables together in a bowl so they are evenly distributed.
Blend the dressing ingredients with a hand blender or dressing shaker
Pour over the vegetables and stir well to mix and serve and enjoy
All the recipes on this site focus on lots of healthy ingredients, however if you require more help with health or are suffering with:
- low energy,
- bowel or digestive health challenges,
- food intolerances or other health challenge