Tamari Roasted Seeds or Nuts
This is such a wonderful snack that is so easy to make and is a tasty way to eat the wonderful health giving protein, minerals and essential Omega oils – it’s also great for nibbles at a party and you can assure your friends you are giving them nibbles that are really healthy! Wonderful sprinkled onto salads and curries.
Make up a jar and vary the content each time you make a batch and then keep in the fridge so you never need to be tempted with the bag of crisps that are mostly full of unhealthy fats, salt and with high heat treatment, most bags contain high levels of carcinogenic acrylamides – save the health of yourself, your family and friends.
- 200gms mixed seeds or nuts or a mix of both – pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, flaxseeds, pecan or pine nuts etc
- 1 tablespoon Tamari (wheat free naturally fermented soya sauce)
- Put seeds or nuts in a lightly greased pan and over a low heat and lightly toast for about 5 mins (don’t allow to burn).
- Move the seeds in the pan regularly to prevent sticking and over-heating.
- Allow to cool slightly and toss the Tamari into the slightly cooled seeds or nuts
- Cool and store in a sealed jar for 3-4 weeks in the fridge