Apple and Broccoli Salad
This is a great salad to accompany foods or as a lunch meal with a little more feta cheese to give the protein content.
Broccoli is one of the best vegetables for all sorts of health reasons and possibly its highest accolade is its glucosinolate content that has high anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties
This is a salad rich in plant flavonoids and the wonderful apple is centre stage.
- 2 handfuls of watercress
- 2 handfuls of little steamed broccoli florets (steam for 5 mins and then rinse in cold water)
- 2 apples thinly sliced
- 1tbsp toasted seeds
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 handful of red grapes chopped
- 50gms feta cheese (optional)
For the Dressing:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Place the dressing ingredients in a tall jug and blitz together with a hand blender until emulsified.
- Lightly toss the apple, onion, grapes and broccoli with the dressing and place on a bed of salad leaves
Sprinkle with the toasted seeds and crumbled feta cheese